Supermarket Spree – Raffle Rules
- Raffle tickets shall not be sold to persons under 18 years of age.
- Raffle ticket sellers are instructed to advise buyers not to write the name of a person under 18 years of age on the ticket. If a buyer does enter a name of a person under 18 years of age, the ticket will be disqualified.
- In the event a winning ticket stub has more than one name on it, the prize will be awarded to the first name listed on the ticket. All other individuals listed on the ticket will not be contacted.
- Members of the Rio Terrace Preschool board are eligible to enter the raffle.
- A minimum of 500 tickets must be sold for the raffle to proceed. The total amount of tickets sold at that point will be assessed to determine if the raffle should be cancelled or the draw date be extended. In the case of a cancellation, all ticket sales will be refunded.
- No refunds will be available for purchased raffle tickets except in the event of a cancellation.
- The draw will take place at Andy’s IGA located at 9106 142 Street Edmonton, Alberta on April 30, 2017, at 12:30 p.m.
- There will be three prizes available: a grocery store shopping spree with an estimated value of $1650, a $250 gift card for Andy’s IGA, and a $100 gift card for Andy’s IGA. The prizes will be drawn by greatest to least value; the winning ticket will not be returned to the draw for subsequent draws.
- The winners will be contacted immediately following the draw by phone. If the winner does not answer, a voicemail message will be left and an email sent. The winners have 48 hours to contact the raffle organizers before a re-draw will occur.
- If the winner does not respond within 48 hours of initial contact, a new winning ticket will be drawn on May 2, 2017, at 12:30 p.m. at Andy’s IGA.
- Shopping Spree Rules:
- The shopping spree must occur on May 4 at 12:30 p.m. If the owner of the winning ticket (“the shopper”) is not available on this date, he/she can assign a delegate to fill his/her place. A notarized written consent must be provided. Alternatively, the individual can opt out of the shopping spree and can have $1650 of groceries delivered to their house on a mutually acceptable date within the next calendar year. The groceries will be from Andy’s IGA and a variety of groceries will be selected by a volunteer designated by the Rio Terrace Community Preschool.
- The shopper must be at Andy’s IGA 30 minutes prior to shopping spree start time (12 p.m.). The shopper has a maximum of 3 minutes to grab all desired items in the store. However, the shopper must only select two of each item. If more than two identical items are in the carts, the extra items will be removed at checkout.
- The shopper can only use one cart at a time while shopping. Once the shopping cart is filled, the shopper can leave it by the till, grab a new empty cart, and proceed to shop some more for the duration of 3 minutes.
- A ten second countdown will be announced over the intercom system. When the 3 minutes has passed, the shopper must proceed to the till without picking up any new items.
- The shopper can pick up a maximum of $3000 worth of groceries. If the bill exceeds this price, the shopper will have the option to put some items back or purchase the remaining amount.